Friday, June 13, 2014

Godzilla (2014) Movie Review (spoiler free)

 

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 6/10

Site:http://13past1.wordpress.com/2014/06/13/i-am-a-godzilla-fearing-man/
 Godzilla is a 2014 American film starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Ken Watanabe, Bryan Cranston, and Elizabeth Olsen

Synopsis
When a monster called Mutos attack Asia and North America, the U.S. military tries to defeat them as well as the monster, "Godzilla"

Review
I didn't want to rate it this low. Honestly I didn't. The trailers for this movie....were phenomenal. And if you are going to make a trailer for a movie that looks......amazing, you have to live up to the hype.
My biggest complaints are:
  • Godzilla was in this movie for a total of 20 minutes... Not a lot of time to gawk at how awesome he is. The Mutos had more screen time. We might as well called it Godzilla Vs. Muto.
  • The story not relating to Godzilla was unoriginal and dragged on forever. It takes up the first half of the movie and it dragged on FOREVER.
  • 60% of the actors in this movie can't act worth crap. Thank god that the lead can act, otherwise I would've rated this movie 5/10.
I did actually like some stuff that got me happy like:
  • There were some epic fight scenes between the Mutos and Godzilla. It got me excited
  • The soundtrack was good. It fit the theme perfectly
  • Hearing Godzilla scream is the only scream I could ever stand. Sounds perfect in theaters...
And there are some other minor problems like there were a few cheesy moments and a lot of the characters were one dimensional. (the characters had no personality or character) I would actually rate this movie 6.5 but it was a movie that dragged on for a while. Before any action happens you have to deal with an hour and twenty minutes of dialogue and you get the occasional action sequence in there but it would only last about 5 minutes at the most.

Recommendation
In the end I would say it was still fun to see but it has a lot of problems you have to look over. I would say go see this in the dollar theater or wait until it comes out on Netflix. So have you seen Godzilla? What did you think about it? Tell me in the comments! If you liked this review be sure to bookmark this page.Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment