Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Jobs Review

 

5/10 ★★★★★☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jobs_(film)
Today I am reviewing "Jobs" released in August 2013 and stars Ashton Kutcher, Dermot Mulroney, Josh Gad, and Lukas Haas.

Synopsis:
A young man named Steve Jobs works with Steve Wozniak to make Apple. We see the most major parts of his career. That's all I can really say because that's all it really is.

Review:
I'll just start by saying it's no wonder this movie almost went straight to Netflix, it's terrible! I have 2 main problems with this movie:
1. The pacing
2. The casting
let's start with the first one, pacing. Now I'm not usually picky when it comes to pacing. I don't really realize if a movie is going way too fast or way too slow but this movie just went on and off with how fast it went. For example, before you get to the interesting part you have to deal with Steve getting high with his friends in India for 10 minutes. And for an example for fast pacing in 10 minutes, Steve Jobs finds out his wife is pregnant, then they go to a computer expo to show off the Apple 2 and then they own a corporate building all in 10 minutes! Now on to complaint number two, the casting. So at the end of the movie they show the actual person compared to the actor and this made me realize, they didn't care about acting skills. They just wanted to pick lookalikes. Other than the movie was, meh. The plot was weak and if you really tore it down to basics you could explain it in 3 sentences, oh wait, I already did that in the synopsis. My recommendation? If you're looking to kill some time go watch it on Netflix. And thank you as always for checking out my reviews. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment